We’re Hiring – Client Services Executive
Role: Client Services Executive
To deliver top notch customer service to UKL clients and location partners ensuring that they have the very best experience by managing the end-to-end process for sales enquiries.
To ensure that all client location requirements are fully understood and not only met but exceeded so that we go the extra mile to delight the client and location partner.
To take responsibility for your weekly KPI’s and support the team in achieving our monthly sales targets.
For over a decade we have been providing first-class locations solutions to clients and location partners across Central and Northern England. We help the creative industries to find and manage the perfect location for their shoot. Whether a comfortable family home, industrial mill, commercial office or even a football stadium, we can help clients with our personally handpicked, shoot-ready location library or for a more out of the ordinary location, our bespoke scouting service. We have provided location solutions for the biggest brands around, including the BBC, Netflix, Amazon Prime, ITV, Adidas, E45, Sky, Boohoo, Misguided, John Lewis, Karndean and OK! Magazine.
Our unique library of locations and scouting service, coupled with our exceptional service and friendly team is why we’re the go-to location agency in Central & Northern England.
It is an excellent time to join the team and our growing company as we launch new services and website in June, as well as open our very own New York style studio. You will also have the opportunity to work cross-functionally in our sister company, Mackay + McFarlane, which develops factual and factual entertainment programmes for the major channels.
There are three things we’re passionate about – locations, clients and our team! No matter what job or position, we ALL have a part to play to make sure our clients and location partners have the best experience possible. We’re UK Locations so excellent customer service just comes naturally. Not only with external clients but internally with our colleagues and suppliers as well.
We’re all part of the same team and we treat each other with integrity, honesty and respect. We know what’s expected of each other and we’ll work hard to achieve our goals and team bonuses but we’ll have a lot of fun along the way! We’re professional, prepared to go the extra mile and not afraid to challenge the norm. Not only that, we have a culture of innovation and bright ideas. It’s a fast paced environment and not a place for standing still.
We want the team to feel empowered at UK Locations by our flat hierarchy and openness. Some of the things we expect and encourage you to do in order to get as much as possible from UK Locations are:
- To work hard, be highly organised, take responsibility, be flexible and play your part – we believe that every member of the team, no matter how new or experienced has a valid contribution to make
- Speak up – everyone has an input into decisions, both major and minor, and we will want to hear your opinions and ideas. We encourage an environment of giving and receiving feedback for the purpose of development and learning
- Be alert and eager – because we share an open plan office with other highly creative and experienced minds, if you keep your eyes and ears open, you’ll learn a lot
- Be open to a growth mindset – the UKL team works to have a mindset that is willing to learn, make mistakes and grow, as we believe it makes us more productive, be better colleagues and ultimately offer the best service possible. You must be willing to work towards this mindset
Our team created these UKL company values – they bind us and we work hard to achieve them everyday for our customers, locations owners and team.
- We go the extra mile
- We are trustworthy and never let you down
- We have expertise and experience
- We manage expectations at all times
- We know and trust our customers, location partners and team
- We make you shine
Day to day responsibilities:
- You will prioritise and manage your workload for the day and communicate with clients and location partners to manage their expectations
- At the morning sales meeting, you will lead on updating the team on current and new enquiries and share the workload as needed
- Customer enquiries are made via the phone and website and it will be your job to manage these and ensure they are dealt with within the UK Locations service level agreement
- Your talent for listening, questioning and interpreting briefs will allow you to send location options that will delight the client
- You will efficiently and effectively manage all aspects of the booking process, which includes speaking to owners to check availability, negotiating fees, producing recce schedules, updating all parties, producing contracts using our electronic system, confirming the shoot, getting feedback and managing post shoot queries
- Our customers rely on us having the most up to date information at our fingertips, therefore you will work closely with the Location Development Team to feed in any information changes to the Customer Relationship Management system
- On a monthly basis you will be asked to present sales insights to the rest of the team at the Board Meeting. You will also conduct regular customer service questionnaires and feed key findings back to the team
- You will work closely with the Finance Team to ensure the sales-to-payment process is slick, timely and seamless
- You will work closely with the Locations Team supporting them with the location registration administration
- Work coherently with our Customer Relationship Management system, updating all jobs to keep you organised and able to do your job effectively on an ongoing basis. Good use of this system also allows the rest of the team to keep track of where each brief is at
- Your day will end by you ticking off all your daily goals and ensuring all parties have everything they need. On some occasions, your work will go beyond the normal hours and you will need to have a flexible approach to this
You will be given support and encouragement to grow into this role with any skills training provided to you as required.
Benefits & perks:
At UK Locations we value our team and believe that everyone should be given the responsibility and the opportunity to shine. As well as great careers, our team is rewarded for their hard work with perks such as:
- Excellent career progression and opportunities to work in different areas of the business
- Team bonuses
- Excellent holiday entitlement
- Free monthly massages
- Training opportunities and working with a highly experienced internal team
Our office is within Prime Studios, so we are among other creative minds making films, TV and drama, which makes the space a hive of ideas, fun and hard work. We’re based in Kirkstall, which is the media hub for Yorkshire and we’re only a 10 minute walk from the City Centre. There’s also free parking on site.
Ideal person traits
Hard worker, honest and trustworthy, client service obsession, professionalism, high standards for self and others, self starter, team player, zest for learning, takes responsibility for own actions, positive & keen.
You MUST be extremely organised and be able to deal with lots of jobs at once, excellent writing skills, understand what makes great customer service, process management, unflappable, openness to give and receive feedback and an ability to confront and surmount obstacles.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working in a fast-paced office. For example – sales, property, production, events, advertising agency environment
- Fantastic phone manner and written communication
- Excellent administrative skills
- Passion for the creative industries and proven experience of finding solutions in difficult situations
- Self-starter with a positive outlook, strong interpersonal skills and ability to build long lasting relationships with colleagues and clients
- Superb attention to detail and systems conscious
- Proven negotiation experience
- An interest and understanding of buildings and interiors is beneficial
Employment: Full time (office based) – Monday to Friday – 09:00 – 17:30
Starting salary: £16 – £18k (dependant on experience), plus commission structure
Start date: June/July
How to apply:
- Send us your one page CV
- Within 500 words, explain why you would love this role and how you’re the best person for the job
- Task – Please complete the below brief and write your reply as if it was an email to the client
Joe Smith is a photographer and he is doing a photoshoot for a high-profile furniture brand. He needs two locations with different looks/styles and he would like you to put forward two options per location.
For each of your location suggestions, please explain to Joe Smith why you have put it forward and how it works for the brief.
Location One – A family home
- Scandinavian style
- Child’s bedroom
- In the North West of England
Location Two – A modern, architectural, residential location
- Large living room
- Areas of interesting glazing
- In Yorkshire or North West of England
If you are successful in the above, you will then move onto the second stage where you will be asked to complete another task and present your ideas to the UK Locations Board of Directors. An interview will also take place at this time.
Please send all information for the first stage to Lauren York at firstname.lastname@example.org by 17:00 on Friday 24 May. Due to the high volume of expected applicants, if you do not hear from us then you have been unsuccessful this time.