Role: In-house Senior Book-Keeping & Accounts Manager
Hours: Part time (16 hours per week)
Salary: £25k to £30k pro rata (dependent on experience), 26 days holiday pro rata, flexible working with the opportunity of doing some work from home
We are looking for an ambitious all-round Senior Book-Keeper with excellent accounts, bookkeeping and day-to-day business finance skills. The ideal candidate would have at least 3 years experience within a small or medium sized business environment.
This is a new position and an exciting opportunity for someone looking to make this position their own in a growing business that is one of the leading location agencies in the UK. We want someone enthusiastic, hardworking, committed, focussed, ambitious, fun and prepared to go the extra mile.
You will become someone who we can rely upon to be comfortable getting stuck into small and large jobs as well as working on projects with our sister company, Art of Truth, which is a start-up production company making original TV programmes for broadcasters.
We see this role growing with the business and we want someone who is ambitious, dedicated and wants to help grow and benefit from a hugely successful media company.
Why UK Locations?
UK Locations is one of the leading location agencies in the UK and we are passionate about finding and opening doors to the most amazing spaces for film and photography shoots. We work with brands such as Netflix, Amazon, BBC, ITV, Channel 4, SKY One and Apple TV. As part of our growth, we are now looking to find a star-quality Senior Book-Keeper & Accounts Manager who will share our drive and help take the business to the next level.
It is an exciting time to join the UK Locations team as we launch our 3 year business growth strategy that balances profit with purpose. We are very much focussed on the triple bottom line – profit, people, planet. As we move forward to become a certified B Corporation, we are honoured to be part of a global movement of people using business as a force of good. We believe the whole team should benefit from the success of the business and this is why the employee profit scheme will be launched in 2022.
If this fits with your values, we’d love to hear from you. You will live and breathe this way of working and help to embed it in all our practices to enable us to reach our growth and impact goals.
You will be joining a creative, fun and hardworking team – we really enjoy our work and working together. have a positive outlook – we see challenges as opportunities, we roll up our sleeves, help each other out, get things done.
We are extremely innovative and have a culture of giving things a go, testing, making mistakes, learning and doing it better. We are all working towards the same vision and we support each other to continuously improve and make sure we get there!
We value work-life balance and believe wholeheartedly in developing each and every person in the company and put a lot of time and resources into coaching and training.
We are honoured to be part of the alumni of the 2021 Goldman Sachs Growth Programme, a notoriously difficult programme to get on. It delivers strategic training and development out of Oxford University Said Business School for businesses that have the aptitude and ability for scaling and growth.
- Using Xero Accounting Software to handle day to day book-keeping and accountancy tasks including:
- Bank feed reconciliation
- Creating and sending invoices
- Creating bills
- Preparation of payment runs
- Checking over VAT returns and posting
- Credit control and chasing overdue payments
- Monitoring cash-flow including forecasting and modelling business scenarios
- Reporting management accounts to senior team in accurately and on time
- Creating and monitoring budgets
- Working closely with our external accountant and liaising with HMRC
Minimum Role Requirements:
- Experience of performing a similar role in an SME environment for at least three years
- Professional book-keeping and/or accountancy qualifications
- Having previously developed and refined internal financial processes to provide important financial insights and increase efficiency
- Confident advanced user of Excel or Google Sheets
- Comprehensive understanding of Xero Accounting Software ideally with experience of creating and managing integrations with other cloud software
How to Apply:
Please send a video of yourself (no more than 3 minutes) to email@example.com telling us why you are the right person for this particular job and why you’d like to work for UK Locations in particular, along with your CV.
Deadline – 5pm, Friday 17 September 2021.
Successful candidates will be asked to do a 30 minute interview, including a presentation and discussion with the senior management team. We would also like you to spend time meeting the rest of the team as it’s extremely important you are the right fit for our culture.
Interviews will be week commencing 27 October.
The final stage will be to do a psychometric assessment and to have a coffee with the Managing Director.
- Delight & deliver – We pull out all the stops and go above and beyond for our clients, location partners and each other. Always with mutual respect and trust
- See opportunity in everything & everyone – We open doors that are shut and find routes others can’t. We innovate, give things a go, make mistakes and improve
- LOVE what we do – We have fire in our bellies and smiles on our face. We want to be the very best we can by growing, learning, being alert, giving 100% and having fun!
- In it together – We believe in the triple bottom line – people, profit, planet. We all benefit from our hard work and the success of the business including local, social projects that we support financially and give our time to
Everyone is Welcome
We are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values all forms of diversity. We approach our work positively, learn quickly, improve constantly, and celebrate with each other as much as possible. We want this to be reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion.